Fully Funded UK Government Great Scholarship
The UK Government’s GREAT Scholarships are now accepting applications. Candidates from African and Asian nations who meet the criteria are strongly advised to apply.
About 8 to 9 postgraduate scholarships are available for each eligible countries, supported to a minimum of £10,000 for one-year postgraduate study in the UK, and are funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with partnering UK higher education institutions.
About UK Government Great Scholarship
Sponsor(s): British Council
Scholarship Exam Location: Universities in UK
Scholarship Worth: minimum of £10,000 per successful applicant
Number of Awards: 8 to 9 scholarships is awarded to each country per year
Study Level: Postgraduate, Undergraduate
Nationality: the list of eligible countries are listed below.
UK Government Great Scholarship Eligible Countries
Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or Thailand are among the countries eligible for the UK Government Great scholarships.
UK Government Great Scholarship Eligible Universities
The following institutions host the UK Government GREAT Scholarships; this list is subject to change at any time. Please double-check the scholarship application page.
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Bournemouth University
- Cranfield University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Agricultural University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Teesside University
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Ulser University
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
- University of South Wales
- University of Stirling
- University of Warwick
- University of York
UK Government GREAT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Depending on your country, the eligibility criteria for these scholarships may differ. To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- be academically capable of pursuing a postgraduate course in the United Kingdom
- active in the field with relevant work experience or a demonstrated interest in the topic
- meet the university’s English language requirements in the United Kingdom
- Other country-specific requirements must be met be a citizen of a country that qualifies
- have a bachelor’s degree that qualifies you to enroll in a postgraduate taught program at a UK institution
How To Apply For The UK Government GREAT Scholarship
You should first apply to a GREAT Scholarship-eligible Masters program at a university that participates in the program.
You can apply for a scholarship from the university itself once you’ve gotten an offer (not the British Council).
Each institution has its unique application processing procedure.